Private Equity Investment Manager – Myanmar
Emerging Markets Investments Advisers (“EMIA”) is seeking a talented investment professional to join its Myanmar team. EMIA, a Singapore Registered Fund Management Company, currently manages the Cambodia-Laos Development Fund and its successor, the Cambodia-Laos-Myanmar Development Fund II. The funds have made 16 private equity investments, providing growth capital to enterprises in Cambodia, Myanmar and Lao PDR. A third fund is currently being raised.
We are now seeking an Investment Manager with appropriate experience to join our growing investment team in Yangon. The role will also offer exposure to the Cambodian and Lao markets and as the most senior investing role in Myanmar for our firm, will report directly to the CIO/CEO.
- Leadership of the Myanmar office of EMIA;
- Supported by a Director and the investment team, management of the full deal process for Myanmar-based deals, from deal sourcing and opportunity analysis, through exit planning, deal structuring and valuation, negotiation and preparation of Investment Committee proposals;
- Post-investment support and value addition, including development of governance standards and alignment with exit requirements;
- Appropriate support to local office compliance and reporting;
- Building the brand and reputation of EMIA as a leader in ethical and professional investing, including through its commitment to Environmental and Social Governance.
The position would be substantially located in Yangon, Myanmar, with some travel in the region.
Qualifications & Experience
- Compelling and relevant investment-related experience;
- Willingness to live in Myanmar and travel as required to Lao PDR, Cambodia and Singapore;
- Excellent academic qualifications in a relevant business or financial field;
- Familiarity with investing in emerging or frontier markets;
- Myanmar language skills and in-country experience would be an advantage;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and networking skills;
- High ethical and professional standards; experience in applying ESG standards will be advantageous.
Interested applicants should email a curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.